Find out how you can incorporate avocados into your diet today!
It’s not just for guacamole anymore! Avocado is a superfood that has tons of benefits. Here are some reasons why you should eat an avocado today. It will help keep your heart healthy, it might even make you smarter and here’s the big one: it helps prevent wrinkles!
The following article contains information about all these things plus how to pick out the best avocado at the grocery store so when you buy one tomorrow morning it’ll be perfect to eat tonight with dinner.
Disclaimer: Some text links are affiliate or referral links. Read here for more info.
We all know that avocados are delicious but did you know they can help lower cholesterol levels? Or that they contain more potassium than bananas? With so many health benefits, it’s no wonder why we love this superfood!
It’s time to get in on the action and start eating more of these healthy green delights.
Get ready for some tasty recipes featuring our favorite superfruit!
Facts about Avocado:
- Avocado is a fruit and not a vegetable.
- The avocado tree has been around since the time of the Aztecs.
- There are more than 400 varieties of avocados, but only 10 types that we eat.
- 90% of an avocado is water and it’s high in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure levels.
- Avocados contain more vitamin E than any other fruit or vegetable.
- They also have phytosterols which can lower cholesterol levels and reduce your risk for heart disease.
- You can use them to make avocado toast or guacamole for breakfast.
- Add avocados to your salad for extra flavor and nutrients.
- Make an avocado smoothie with bananas, berries, almond milk, spinach or kale.
- Use mashed avocado in place of mayonnaise in sandwiches or wraps.
- Avocados are high in fiber, which is important for digestion and heart health.
- Avocados contain healthy fats that help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Avocado has an abundance of vitamins A, C, and E to keep your immune system running smoothly.
- The monounsaturated fat in avocados can lower blood pressure and decrease the risk of stroke.
- Eating avocado is shown to increase satiety (feeling full) so you’re less likely to overeat or eat unhealthy foods later on in the day.
How to pick out the best avocado at the grocery store
Find the avocado that is heavy for its size.
Pick an avocado with a dark, but not too deep green skin.
Avoid avocados with blemishes and spots on them.
Give it a gentle squeeze to see if it’s ripe – if you can’t tell by looking at it, just give it a little squeeze and look again in 20-30 seconds.
Once you find one that meets all of these requirements, take your time picking out the ripest one – they’re worth the wait!
You might want to pick up some lemon or lime juice while you’re there so that when you get home, you’ll have everything you need to make guacamole!
Enjoy your fresh new purchase! 🙂
Avocado for muscles
“I love avocados. They’re creamy, delicious and a healthy fat source that’s good for your heart; but did you know they can also help with building muscle? Who knew?”
Avocados are delicious but most people only eat them in one way.
You can use avocados to make so many different dishes, not just guacamole!
This cookbook is filled with over 18 recipes for you to try. It’s time to start eating more of this nutritious fruit!
Click here to purchase the avocado recipe book on Amazon today!